Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Gate automation system - Motors open but do not close.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

Sir profaz . . . . .

Initially , your unit seems to be right at year 2000 vintage, so its birthday cake requires 16 candles.

Using your initial old photo, the first thing that I was noticing, was the second relay from the left and its right set of contacts and the 26 microns of carbon residue sputtered onto the adjunct plastic covers inside .

I would sort of think that from safety aspects that this unit is running with 24V to the linear actuators and it is originated at the far botttom left NEON YELLOW GREEN Euro style 2 terminal connector.
Can you meter and confirm that ?
Also if it is being AC or hopefully DC.

Selective relay activation then routes power to the two black wire pairs to the right with their enclosed BROWN-BLUE wires .

If the metering reveals DC actuator drive , are there any short time back up storage batteries associated with the system?

73's de Edd

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
I would sort of think that from safety aspects that this unit is running with 24V to the linear actuators and it is originated at the far botttom left NEON YELLOW GREEN Euro style 2 terminal connector.
Can you meter and confirm that ?
Also if it is being AC or hopefully DC.
Selective relay activation then routes power to the two black wire pairs to the right with their enclosed BROWN-BLUE wires .
According to link in post 15, it is a 3 wire 230v AC supply.
Another clue that it's AC is that blue varistor between the relays.
What I'm wondering is; where is the 3rd wire (black) from the motor?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
According to link in post 15, it is a 3 wire 230v AC supply.
Another clue that it's AC is that blue varistor between the relays.
What I'm wondering is; where is the 3rd wire (black) from the motor?

Two cables shown are from the start capacitors.

Motor wiring would be lower down in the terminal strip.

Last edited:

Loumk1

Mar 9, 2016
Hi everyone!
My gate automation system doesn't work properly. The gate has two motors, you can see one of them in the picture below and the automation system is a BFT, the motherboard is an ARIES and where I believe the problem is. The manual for the motherboard is this www.bft.cz/privat/navody/ridici_jedn/en/ARIES.pdf
  • During the opening phase, the two motors work correctly and the gate opens.
  • During the closing phase one motor keeps opening; the second doesn't do anything.
Everything else seems to work properly (photocells, etc... ). I switched the board connections of the two motors and the behavior switched too, so it is not a problem of the motors.

The problem seems to be very simple but I cannot figure out which component can cause this bad behavior.

20151222_001.jpg

20151221_011.jpg

What I did:
  • I changed the 4 relays (k2, k5, k3 and k7) that seemed to be damaged with new ones...but the old ones were actually working correctly
  • I changed the two big capacitor, but nothing changed.
  • In Y1 (maybe it is more clear in the pictures below) there is a Microcontroller Philips P87C750EBPN (with a label on top "POLLUCE v.ersion 2.51) that I guess is the "brain" of the board, and probably it is not damaged. In fact, I found in my garage an old board that was substituted many years ago. So, I took from the old board the microcontroller and I put it in the installed board and the gate didn't open nor close (it only clicked when the button was pressed).
    Then I installed the old board WITH the microcontroller of the newer one and the gate opened and closed a couple of times...then stopped completely (I deduced that the old board had some additional issues, not only the broken microcontroller).

Can you understand from the pictures above and in the link below what component could cause this problematic behavior during the closure phase?

Thank you in advance for any suggestion.
In the link below, you can find a gallery with pictures of the board, I hope you can easily see how it works:
http://imgur.com/a/m8Mh2

Please let me know if you need more details/pictures to discover what is the issue.
Hi Profaz, do you get PC boards for these BFT motors? We have the exact same motors and need a new PC Board.