Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Fulham Led driver issue

Preethi

Apr 3, 2018
Hi ,
I am using fulham LED driver ,model: T1M1UNV105P-60E in order to drive the led light controlled by 0-10V signal from the controller.
I am facing issue with ballast, as below,
1. when I drive the light directly without any control signal, 0-10V input ports on the driver gives 17v approximately, where as immediate when I connect control signal from the controller, without being powered on, driver drives the light to off.
2. When both LED driver and the controller are working, I mean driving LED, suppose node(controller)gets off in middle of working, driver gives bacl 1.46 volt at the control signal. Because of this, driver holds the LED light to minimum value.

I am facing these issues with fulham driver. Kindly someone give me the solution in order solve the issue as mentioned in point 2.
How to eliminate 1.46v coming back to the device. Please suggest.
Attached the image of led driver.

Attachments

• IMG_20170922_153402.jpg
    IMG_20170922_153402.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 87

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I'm having some trouble understanding your question.

Are you saying that you can measure 17V across the input? And in this state (with nothing else connected) the light is off?

I don't understand your second question at all.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
What controller do you use? How is it connected to the driver? What is the output resistance of the controller? Do you have R-set mounted to set the LED current?

When the controller is off, input voltage to the driver is low (you see 1.46 V possibly being fed back by the driver) thsu the output of the driver is off. This seems to me normal behavior. YOu turn on the output you need to drive the control input with a voltage greater than 1.5 V. This requires the controller to be on, not off.

Preethi

Apr 3, 2018
What controller do you use? How is it connected to the driver? What is the output resistance of the controller? Do you have R-set mounted to set the LED current?

When the controller is off, input voltage to the driver is low (you see 1.46 V possibly being fed back by the driver) thsu the output of the driver is off. This seems to me normal behavior. YOu turn on the output you need to drive the control input with a voltage greater than 1.5 V. This requires the controller to be on, not off.
Hi,
I am using ESP wroom 32 to generate 0-10V signal.
No, we have not done any R-set settings.
As you said when the controller is on, behavior is as normal. But suppose my controller gone off in middle due to some failure, driver drives the light to minimum value, but we want it be in high state.
What changes we have to do for driving the light to max?

Preethi

Apr 3, 2018
I'm having some trouble understanding your question.

Are you saying that you can measure 17V across the input? And in this state (with nothing else connected) the light is off?

I don't understand your second question at all.
Hi Steeve,
What I meant, when driving the light directly from the driver, we are able to measure 17V at 0-10V input ports of driver and when I connect 0-10V from the controller(controller is off), driver drive the light to off.

second point: We were driving the light with full setup,I mean 0-10V from controller to LED driver and dimming functionality, in between due to some supply issue controller gone off. At this stage LED was driven to minimum value by the LED driver.In actual scenario we want it to be at maximum state.
How this can be implemented?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
What changes we have to do for driving the light to max?
You need to design the controller such that in case of a failure it outputs 10 V. You can do this e.g by using a pull-up resistor to 10 V and a controller with an output that goes tristate in case of a failure.

Preethi

Apr 3, 2018
You need to design the controller such that in case of a failure it outputs 10 V. You can do this e.g by using a pull-up resistor to 10 V and a controller with an output that goes tristate in case of a failure.

Thank you for the valuable comments, as mentioned pullup concept does not work when the controller is turned off.
Sir, could you please let me know how this tristate condition could be implemented when there is no power to the controller.
Kindly help I am stuck on it.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Thank you for the valuable comments, as mentioned pullup concept does not work when the controller is turned off.
When you do not have 10 V available with the controller off, there is no way to turn on the lights- Regardless of a possible tristate capability of the controller's output.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
The pullup would be on the side of the driver, not the controller.

It is not certain that the pullup would be able to override the controller output, but it is easy enough to test.

Bob

Preethi

Apr 3, 2018
When you do not have 10 V available with the controller off, there is no way to turn on the lights- Regardless of a possible tristate capability of the controller's output.
Dear Sir,
I am not clear in this, and even I am unable to sort out the issue.

Preethi

Apr 3, 2018
The pullup would be on the side of the driver, not the controller.

It is not certain that the pullup would be able to override the controller output, but it is easy enough to test.

Bob
Dear Bob,
I agree with your concept, but how can I connect pull up at the driver side, since I have access only to the 0-10V port of the driver?.

At least I want to make it as open circuit, so that driver drives at maximum value when controller gone off.
I have tried with transistor concept , but it did not work as expected.
Please suggest if there is any other possibilities

Preethi

Apr 3, 2018
Hi,
The issue is solved using relay as a switching device.
Thank you all for the support.

Preethi

Apr 3, 2018
Can anyone suggest any other method since relay approach is costlier.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Given your contraint that it must work with no power, a relay is probably the best solution.

Bob