Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Frequency Analysis in Multisim

John Manuel

Jun 7, 2018
Hi,
I wanted to find out the range of frequencies over which an in-amp (AD620) works. I know its specified in the datasheet but have to verify it for a project. Is it possible to do it in Multisim? I am using the model of AD620 which is available within Multisim. In short, is Multisim responsive to frequency?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I know its specified in the datasheet but have to verify it for a project.
Don't trust a simulator to give you more reliable results than a datasheet can. After all, in the simulator the amplifier is modeled after the datasheet.
The real proof lies in the real circuit. Go ahead and build a prototype.

John Manuel

Jun 7, 2018
Thank you very much for your reply!

My main goal is to build a circuit using AD620. I don't have enough time nor resources to test AD620 experimentally. That's the reason I am resorting to simulation. I wanted to verify that the AD620 model in Multisim is sensitive to the frequency of the signal. And from your reply, I conclude that it is but not as accurate as mentioned in the datasheet.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
And from your reply, I conclude that it is but not as accurate as mentioned in the datasheet.
I didn't say so, it just may be not as accurate. Creating a good model for a complex circuit is not an easy task. Often some simplifications have to be made which will not be an issue in typical applications but possibly when you drive a circuit to its limits.