Maker Pro
Maker Pro

FLUKE 199 SCOPEMETER Keyboard does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRAJANO42

Apr 10, 2017
Good evening, my name is David and I am Spanish.

I have a fluke 199 scopemeter and even though it turns on and lights the screen, subsequently none of its keys work.
On the other hand I would like your opinion regarding the connections that through copper cables exist on the motherboard.

I have commented this, because I have seen that the grasshopper user's motherboard has similar connections, so it looks as if they had been made by the factory.

IMG_20170510_191543.jpg IMG_20170510_191317(1).jpg

This is grassoper mother boar, it is possible looking the wires like me.

FLUKE 199b SCOPEMETER otro.jpg

In any case, I would appreciate it if you could say that the keyboard does not respond

Thanks everybody

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Bienvenido a electronicspoint.

your photos unfortunately are a bit hazy. Could you please post crisp photos so we can clearly see what's going on? There might be a short circuit but it is impossible to tell from these photos.

We also need a closeup photo of the burnt component. Is there a print on the pcb next to component? something like Fxx, Rxxx, Cxxx or similar? Many components come in this package and knowing at least the type may help.

Saludos,
Harald

Bobb

Apr 14, 2020
Good evening, my name is David and I am Spanish.

I have a fluke 199 scopemeter and even though it turns on and lights the screen, subsequently none of its keys work.
On the other hand I would like your opinion regarding the connections that through copper cables exist on the motherboard.

I have commented this, because I have seen that the grasshopper user's motherboard has similar connections, so it looks as if they had been made by the factory.

View attachment 33969 View attachment 33970

This is grassoper mother boar, it is possible looking the wires like me.

View attachment 33971

In any case, I would appreciate it if you could say that the keyboard does not respond

Thanks everybody
Hi, it been a while since you post. but did you find out what was wrong. I have a fluke and the keyboard does not respond. the power button works. but none of the other buttons respond. I have tested all the contacts on the switch pad and they have continuity.
I think it is a problem on the board. its proving to be very difficult to trace the touch pad contact on the PCB.
any info would be greatly appreciated.

Oh the component you asked about, next to the battery connect tab is a Dale/R15F. and those copper wires I see connected to a chip on your pics, I don't see in my 2 fluke 199c units.
I just signed up with this sight I don't seem to be able to load a pictures. it keeps erroring out when i try to upload the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.