Maker Pro
Maker Pro

fluctuating magnetic field generator design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan Mechat

Nov 18, 2018
Hi All,

trying to design a circuit with a solenoid to generate a magnetic field by a DC current.
now I need to open and close the circuit at a certain frequency to make it a fluctuating field.
What components do I need for this circuit?

the real estate is an issue so the components should be very small in order of less than 1mm
Thank you very much!

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Hope springs eternal:)

Energy is needed to generate the field and this has to be dissipated to reduce the field.

You will need to know the resistance and inductance and the frequency to be used.
You will need a power supply, oscillator, switch (MOSFET), protection device (diode?). You might be able to get this on a 20mm by 20mm board.

Ethan Mechat

Nov 18, 2018
Hope springs eternal:)

Energy is needed to generate the field and this has to be dissipated to reduce the field.

You will need to know the resistance and inductance and the frequency to be used.
You will need a power supply, oscillator, switch (MOSFET), protection device (diode?). You might be able to get this on a 20mm by 20mm board.

Thanks a lot duke37! Would you be able to draw a simple schematics of how you would configure the components?

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
I do not have the ability at present to show a schematic.

Before a schematic can be developed, it is necessary to know the requirements.
I suggest that you calculate the strength of the field and the area over which it is effective. Make a coil and measure resistance and inductance.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Kind'a hard to wind a coil < 1mm in size.

Bob

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Would you be able to draw a simple schematics of how you would configure the components?
Would you be able to answer some simple questions, like WTF are you trying to DO? @duke37 mentioned
You earlier asked
What components do I need for this circuit?

the real estate is an issue so the components should be very small in order of less than 1mm
@duke37 responded with a list,
suggesting all this might fit on a smallish circuit board. You have not said what components (very small) must be less than 1mm in size, nor given any reason for why they need to be of such size. It is "easy" with modern fabrication methods to manufacture microscopic-scale integrated circuits incorporating all the components that @duke37 listed, but YOU need to provide specifications for them. Unless you have the resources of a semiconductor fab available to design and manufacture an application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC), there is no way you will obtain a design that has 1mm size components.

So... tell us what you are trying to DO and maybe someone here can help you. If this is another zero-point energy harvesting thingy, please troll somewhere else for "answers" because we don't do woo woo "science" here.

Ethan Mechat

Nov 18, 2018
I do not have the ability at present to show a schematic.

Before a schematic can be developed, it is necessary to know the requirements.
I suggest that you calculate the strength of the field and the area over which it is effective. Make a coil and measure resistance and inductance.

Thanks man will do

Ethan Mechat

Nov 18, 2018
Would you be able to answer some simple questions, like WTF are you trying to DO? @duke37 mentioned

You earlier asked

@duke37 responded with a list,

suggesting all this might fit on a smallish circuit board. You have not said what components (very small) must be less than 1mm in size, nor given any reason for why they need to be of such size. It is "easy" with modern fabrication methods to manufacture microscopic-scale integrated circuits incorporating all the components that @duke37 listed, but YOU need to provide specifications for them. Unless you have the resources of a semiconductor fab available to design and manufacture an application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC), there is no way you will obtain a design that has 1mm size components.

So... tell us what you are trying to DO and maybe someone here can help you. If this is another zero-point energy harvesting thingy, please troll somewhere else for "answers" because we don't do woo woo "science" here.

Hevans ,

I am really sorry I cannot reveal much information on this at this point but rest assured this is for an industrial application.
Please do not think about the size and if you can help me understand how the circuit should look like.
I'll do the calculations from there.

Thanks

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
There are a bazzilion ways to do what you want.

See here for one.

If you can't give us any more details then I will probably close this thread.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
I am really sorry I cannot reveal much information on this at this point but rest assured this is for an industrial application.
It now appears you are mistakenly seeking information in an open and public forum for a proprietary industrial solution to some problem for which you feel you are not at liberty to provide any useful description.

Why should anyone here on Electronics Point be willing to "help" you? I agree with @(*steve*) that, lacking any further useful information from you, the original poster, this thread should be closed. Most of us have better uses for our time than playing guessing games and "what if" scenarios. Ethan, perhaps you should consider joining another forum.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Agree with previous posts

if you are not willing to share ... then we are not willing to help by guessing / 20 questions

thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.