Maker Pro
Maker Pro

First post from a new guy

Billy Simmons

Nov 22, 2015
Hi all,

My name is Billy. I am a old disabled vet living in Miami Florida. I am just starting out in the repair of tube and solid state guitar amps. I have some basic understanding of electronics in general and I have done a good bit of repair on marine electronics.

I understand the safety requirements for dealing with high voltage issues in amps, so don't worry about that.I have been repairing my own guitar amps for a long time and have not killed myself yet...lol

I need a bit of advice about some thing I need to buy and will post those questions in other places on this site.

It would be ever so helpful to find a few new friends who could point me in the right direction.

I also would be very happy to help anyone here with any questions that I know the answer to.

Thanks,

Billy

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Hi Billy, welcome to EP. Lets hope we all became friends. You will find this the most friendly electronics forum on the net. We are normal people with a love of electronics and a love of helping people. Miles apart from other forums where most senior members are either not helpful or are on an ego trip most of the time.
Adam

Billy Simmons

Nov 22, 2015
Thanks Adam,

I have a question about buying a scope so I guess I will post the question in the general forum.

Cheers,

Billy