Maker Pro
Maker Pro

final embedded system product for production

rainAndSnow

May 23, 2016
Dear,

I put a lot of effort to find out what I am going to ask but had not success. Besides this forum I searched through http://www.electro-tech-online.com/ and http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/ too but nothing.
What I try to find out?
I make my whole system with microcontroller works. Diods lighting, communication with outside world also works, motor spinning... But what I do not know is how to make 10 or 20 finished products from that one on my desk. Specific questions are these:
  1. How to program mC which is not on development board? For example I used development board STM32F3DISCOVERY and now I want to make few tens of products with mC which is on that board.
  2. Case making? How can I be sure that temperature, moisture or physical impact do not disturb my system? Please consider that I have not 3D printer.
  3. Power choosing and realization? Battery or public power system? Where to put on board? Why?
One more time I am sorry if I ask something which already exists here or ask something very stupid but I really did not succeed to find place where are described steps from system on desk to final product for production. Off course, I would like to do all of this on my own (if it is possible) without sending my schematic to some big company.
P.S. I put these questions on some other forums so if I get answer I will put it here also.
Thank you,
Best Regards

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
  1. You can program the microcontroller before you put it on the board, or you can build in a programming interface.
  2. You provide ventilation and/or heatsinking as required
  3. Yes, you have to decide. Why? Because the device needs to be powered I assume.

DatLe

May 31, 2016
1. STM32Fx Discovery always has ST-Link v2 on its. So u can using it to program other board. Remember that, remove some jumper and using header pin which has SWDIO and SWCLK. See developing board to know exactly where is header for extension program.
2. No idea. It depend on what do you have now? If they has no special requirement, find a close box, put all thing into...

rainAndSnow

May 23, 2016
Thank you for your answers. Ok. I know how to program uC on custom board. And now, I want to make a case. For example, if I would like to make some electronics which is outdoor all the time. It can be simple device for sensing temperature, humidity, light... After search "waterproof your electronics" I find some useful information. But what about problems with temperature fluctuations. Do you know some good article about resolving temperature issues in custom made electronics? Or better, you made some electronics which still working somewhere outside:) I would be thankful if someone share that experience.
One more think about power supply. Do I need DC power supply, for which I need about 200e-300e min? Like this one, http://www.proelectronic.rs/LABORATORIJSKI-ISPRAVLJAC-2X30V-5A-HY3005D-2-14207.htm.Or I can manage with some custom made circuit, http://embedded-lab.com/blog/lab-1-regulated-power-supply-for-your-breadboard/. My concern is, does this expensive device worth for starter like me.

DatLe

May 31, 2016
Hi,
About the "waterproof electronics devices". They are so common question, depend on separate case, we have detail solution. But think more about how to using that device,
ex: temperature sensor device. Using where? when? how big size, battery or power adaptor, with battery, how long?.... all the things depend on what is your application. Its called productive design.

NorthGuy

Mar 24, 2016
Usually semiconductors have wide temperature tolerances. When I had more free time, I had built a network of various devices on my property, many of them outside. I protected them from moisture with NEMA rated enclosures - fine for home projects, but might be to expensive for production. They all work well. Temperature here varies between -50 to +40 C.