Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Fastest Finger First circuit..Help

jvports

Dec 3, 2016
Hi! I need help with my project. I couldn't understand how the circuit in the picture operates. The ICs used are NE555 ICs and the diodes are 1N4007 diodes. Basically, the circuit works like a two-player quiz buzzer that could be seen in game shows. There are three buttons: one for reset button and two for each player. Once a button is already pushed, the other one is disabled unless the reset button is pushed. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• F5GA27JIST7KI66.MEDIUM.jpg
    F5GA27JIST7KI66.MEDIUM.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 181

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

Sir jvports . . . .

Hmmmmmmmm . . . your fritz . . . just had a fritz . . . .when I tried to mag it up a bit.

So there you have two identical circuits, sitting there, waiting to be triggered.
The trigerring occurs . . .in a FLASH . . . . just as soon as either switches low logic signal derived from that 1K resistor l is switch connected to the top contact of the lucky / fastest switch.

When that occurs that lucky 555 switches to high logic state on its pin 3 output at the far right side, and that supplies a circuit path of power to its LED and it lights up.
SIMULTANEOUSLY its PINK boxed 1N4007 is steering a voltage down to change the state of the switch line so that the other switch will not be able to produce a change at its associated 555.

On reset the circuits are set up to start play again.

FIRST PLAY 555 circuit.jpg

73s de Edd

Last edited:

jvports

Dec 3, 2016

Sir jvports . . . .

Hmmmmmmmm . . . your fritz . . . just had a fritz . . . .when I tried to mag it up a bit.

So there you have two identical circuits, sitting there, waiting to be triggered.
The trigerring occurs . . .in a FLASH . . . . just as soon as either switches low logic signal derived from that 1K resistor l is switch connected to the top contact of the lucky / fastest switch.

When that occurs that lucky 555 switches to high logic state on its pin 3 output at the far right side, and that supplies a circuit path of power to its LED and it lights up.
SIMULTANEOUSLY its PINK boxed 1N4007 is steering a voltage down to change the state of the switch line so that the other switch will not be able to produce a change at its associated 555.

On reset the circuits are set up to start play again.

View attachment 30691

73s de Edd

Thanks a lot sir for answering my question! I owe you a lot! I still have questions to ask if it's okay with you. I would just like to know the functions of the three capacitors in the circuit and the 10k ohm resistors too. Thank you a lot sir!