Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Event tria channel went out

Frecoder78

Apr 16, 2018
I have this old even tria where one of the channels went out. You can head a faint sound in the monitor that is connected to that channel. I have already ruled out the monitors since i connected both to the channel that works. I have been testing most of the components on the board for contiunuity, resistance, and all the caps. I even replaced one of them thinking that would solve the issue. I am new at testing sound equipment but have some knowledge on circuit board layout. I even purchased a PC O-scope. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached 2 pictures of the non-working channel and of the connections to the subwoofer. The arial shot I took in of the other working channel which is identical. Also a power transformer is missing from the picture since I had to remove it being so heavy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 98

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
Start by looking at the power supply voltages. Do a like for like check i.e. turn on the known working unit and use a DMM to measure PSU volts all referenced to 0V (assuming it is a split supply) then replace the transformer in the non working unit and switch on. If smoke doesn't try to escape and it doesn't do an imitation of central heating, then measure the PSU volts to see if they are the same.
Checking power supplies is always a good place to start as they are quite fundamental.