Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electronics Point / Google

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Ian answered somebody's question about a year ago, about how Electronics Point threads turn up on Google Searches.
He said Google trolls the site and takes what it wants.
I just wanted to say, if some others here haven't noticed, that Electronics Point question threads turn-up in a lot of the information searches I do. Today's hit was looking for a cross ref for a 1N100 diode, and Google directed me to a post from
Electroinics Point from 2005. This happens to me a lot. I've heard others here say there are other big electronics forums
on the web. It's just interesting to me, that the Google searches I do, a lot of times, direct me right back to Electronics
Point posts that were done years ago.
Just trivia I noticed.

Reactions: Ian

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
yeah, when I look at the users online at the moment, there are 52 "robots"
They are pretty much all search engine bots

Dave

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
I think the reason it sends you back to electronics point is because it tracks you, and it knows that you spend a lot of time here. It says to itself "I will just give him a bunch of search results to electronics point since he likes it so much. Maybe it will make him happy and he'll use me more"

Dan

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
That's good to know :D. I've had this a couple of times too and it always brings a smile to my face!

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I hadn't thought of that before Supecap2F/Arouse1973. It makes sense, but with so many other electronic forums out there, why wouldn't more of my searches for information direct me to some of those?
Wouldn't Google want me to also be directed to similar web-sites like this one?
I think, though I might be wrong, that a large percentage of the geneal information technical questions asked on-line, are asked here.
I get Google hits on occasional other electronics sites, but not as many as Electronics Point. And often from posts many years old.
Maybe Ian's avatar of 'Beaker', needs a smile on his face.

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
Because Electronicspoint is the best electronics forum and to use any other electronics forum would be heresy.