Electrical R of a plant leaf vs. human thought

Woo-Woo Discussion in 'Twilight Zone' started by kenneth558, Jul 28, 2017.

1. kenneth558

kenneth558

Both Mythbusters (episode entitled "Deadly Straw", air date 9/6/06) and the world-class polygraph expert, Cleve Backster (1924 - 2013), used polygraph machines to establish that the electrical resistance of a plant leaf changes in response to human thought. Upon seeing results that confirmed Backster's, Mythbusters promptly changed their measuring instrument to a resistance-agnostic EEG machine, obviously so they could avoid finding themselves in a position of proving something they didn't want to believe nor understand. At any rate, Does anyone have experience in obtaining proper electrodes and a circuit to measure and graph minute resistance modulations of a high-resistance, like what the polygraph does? I want to enable the general public to obtain their own device for exploring this phenomenon of telepathy.

I have a Galvanic Skin Response Grove Module ordered. I looked up the schematic and see that I will need to cut one trace and solder a wire segment to the board in order to be able to alternate the measuring current through the electrodes.

I also understand that Backster's electrodes were stainless of an unspecified grade, and he used some salt in sterile water and an agar-agar saturated woven cotton patch. I hope to obtain valid results with electrode materials that I can find lying around the bench before I buy stainless or gold ones...I've got motor brushes.

My electronics experience is as a degreed ET with many years (since 1980) bench work and with software development all over the place.

Does anyone want to toss me some constructive experience in this endeavor? Thank you in advance!

kenneth558, Jul 28, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. kenneth558

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Mid way between Beijing and the Ronne Ice Shelf
    Having just read the resistance of some things with a sensitive meter, I can either confirm that the V vs I characteristics of semiconductor junctions are affected by my thoughts, OR a plethora of things including the electric field around my body, electrical noise, and random fluctuations.

(*steve*), Jul 28, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. kenneth558

kenneth558

Let's keep this constructive, OK? Naysaying is definitely NOT constructive. I realize you believe you are offering correct words, but you can also agree they do not contribute to the cause.

I thought I was clear about my experience in the electronics field? I am well able to recognize environmental noise when I see it.

kenneth558, Jul 28, 2017
  4. kenneth558

duke37

I would not have thought that the specification of the stainless steel would be important. Stainless is used to reduce corrosion by the salt. There is plenty of stainless around, cutlery, razer blades etc. I have a stainless strip found on the road from some car bling.

duke37, Jul 28, 2017
  5. kenneth558

kellys_eye

Really?

...or - obviously because you don't want to accept the findings of a program that has never (in my experience) influenced the outcome of any 'bust' for any reason. Why would they choose this occasion to be deceptive?

What on earth gave you the notion that they would deliberately falsify a bust? Sure it isn't your own preconceived notion of the powers of telepathy?

Methinks the test has failed already due to your leaning..... such is the power of thought control.

kellys_eye, Jul 28, 2017
  6. kenneth558

kenneth558

Razor blades didn't even occur to me. Thank you! Helpful!!!

kenneth558, Jul 28, 2017
  7. kenneth558

kenneth558

You tell me: would you reject this resistance measurement that they rejected? If so, why? Understand they are inside a steel container and have taken great care to avoid any other way the reading could be extraneous.

kenneth558, Jul 28, 2017
  8. kenneth558

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Mid way between Beijing and the Ronne Ice Shelf
    Their "test" has a huge number of red flags.

Firstly it is not blinded at all. Everyone knows when "evil thoughts" are being directed at the plant, and then they go looking for reaction.

Secondly, we don't know what their criteria for success was. If they were directing evil thoughts every minute, did they allow a response any time during that minute?

Where was their control?

(*steve*), Jul 28, 2017
  9. kenneth558

kenneth558

You're not following the real problem here, and I'm not interested in going through heroic effort to clarify against your will. Please understand your input right now is more malicious than beneficial. Relieve us of having to read through your ignorance.

kenneth558, Jul 28, 2017
    1. Advertisements