Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Dolls house lights on 6ch timer

Andy693

Aug 14, 2017
this very large dolls house was built in 2000 for my mum who recently pasted. It's has 23 lights ever fire glow or actual lights.

I won't the lights to come on in a timed way so I purchased(China) 6 channel independent control circuit. See below
Now the power is

A 12 Volt Mains Adapter - Transformer

for up to 32 dolls house lights

Input AC230V ~ 50Hz 27W

Output 12V 1670mA 20VA

weighs 550g

UK 3 Pin Plug Only Or Worldwide With A Plug Adaptor

The fing is how do you wire the buggar up can it handle it? I'm wood not electric? Circuit 50psize. Obviously I can only time 6 groups of lights but can it be done with the kit?
Many thanks desperate Andy

Product Detail
Description:
100% Brand New and High Quality

This is a mini size but very useful delay timer module. It has 6 independent channels for delay output.Multi-Channel Easy Use Delay Timer Module (with Status LED for each channel) Each channel time adjustable by potentiometer

Output terminal of the module has protection diode. The module can directly drive relays and other similar inductive loads.

Question: For what application can this module be used for:
Answer: This module has 6 channels of time that can be adjusted independently (the delay time depends on input voltage, which will be specified below). It is suitable for turning on a series of circuits or devices by a set sequence.

Product Details:
Power Supply: DC 3V - 18V
Static electricity: less than 0.1 uA
Output drive capacity: 300mA * 6 channels
Drive Mode at the Drive Side: NPN triode
PCB Size of the Module : 20 * 32 mm

Delay Time Details:
6-channel delay time can be adjusted, the time adjustment range and power supply voltage, so it is best to use power supply.

The following are common voltages measured values:
3V : 0 - 9 seconds adjustable
5V : 0 - 8 seconds adjustable
12V: 0 - 4.5 seconds adjustable
18V: 0 - 3.5 seconds adjustable

Can use some modules together in series to increase output terminals.

Example Applications:
1. Use one module:
K2 disconnected, K1 closed, L1-L6 lights up one after one, and at last L1-L6 stay on lit-up status.
If K1 disconnected, L1-L6 all go off.
If K2 closed, no matter K1 at what status, L1-L6 will not light up.

upload_2017-8-14_19-22-50.jpg

2. Use multiple modules in series:
K2 disconnected, K1 closed, L1-L11 light up one after one, and at last all stay at lit-up status.
If K1 disconnect, L1-L11 all go off.
If K2 closed, no matter what status K1 is, L1-L11 will not light up.

upload_2017-8-14_19-22-51.jpg

Package Included:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Can you provide a link to the original product or site you got it from?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The timer has six channels, each of which can be preset to be activated for periods of 0-9 seconds (the longer time intervals are only available if you power the unit from 3V).

The outputs (1-6) activate sequentially, each output remaining 'on' for the period you set using the adjustable controls on the board.

You will only get one light to light at any one time. If that is your aim then the power pack you specify (12V) will work however the longest 'on' time you will be able to set will be 4.5 seconds. If your bulbs are really low power devices then you could connect more than one simultaneously however you can only power 300mA worth of bulbs at any one time - preferably less to avoid overloading the timer unit - not sure what types of bulb are used on your dolls house so you'd better check.

Andy693

Aug 14, 2017
The timer has six channels, each of which can be preset to be activated for periods of 0-9 seconds (the longer time intervals are only available if you power the unit from 3V).

The outputs (1-6) activate sequentially, each output remaining 'on' for the period you set using the adjustable controls on the board.

You will only get one light to light at any one time. If that is your aim then the power pack you specify (12V) will work however the longest 'on' time you will be able to set will be 4.5 seconds. If your bulbs are really low power devices then you could connect more than one simultaneously however you can only power 300mA worth of bulbs at any one time - preferably less to avoid overloading the timer unit - not sure what types of bulb are used on your dolls house so you'd better check.
Thankyou for your reply. So I need a 3v power pack for longer periods. The pcb is small 30mm I can see the 1-6 pins as you no a bulb has 2 connections so how does this all come together. Would it be possible for you to draw a diagram take a picture and post, showing bulb layout, were GND gos what connects to OUT, STOP/IN, START and UCC and the power pack. Much appreciated Andy

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
You've already got the connection drawing - see above. The circles with crosses in them are the bulbs.

Andy693

Aug 14, 2017
You've already got the connection drawing - see above. The circles with crosses in them are the bulbs.
Yes I can see that but as I said bulb has two wires but pcb has 1 connection per ch + we're does the live neutral go on pcb from transformer ?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Look at the connection drawing. One side of the bulb goes to the pcb connection, the other side of it goes to the 3-15V line (whatever your power supply is).

board.png
The pins look to be positioned (left-to-right) as per the diagram but I cannot confirm this without being able to see the reverse of the board.

You will have to purchase the board and get back to us with a picture of it unless the unit comes with more detailed paperwork.