Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DIY HELP : Multi touch switch for house lights

harry4774

Jul 17, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I have seen that we can make a touch sensitive switch using the TTP223 or TTP224 Module but most of the instructables show you using them with an Arduino and on small LEDs. I was thinking of using the same module to act as a substitute for the regular switch for lighting in our homes without an Arduino. However since I'm new to this, I don't know if this can be achieved or not. Additionally I have read in the documentation of the TTP223 that the module supports two types of operating modes one is a momentary switch and the other one is the toggle mode. But I haven't seen any instructions on how to achieve the toggle switch mode. Request your help in getting this to work the way I want them to work.

Thanks

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Toggle uses a different TOG pin (see the datasheet). The output would triggler a relay, mechanical or solid state. If the output isn't enough to trigger that, you'd have the output driving the base of a transistor with power input switched by it to drive the relay.

harry4774

Jul 17, 2018
Toggle uses a different TOG pin (see the datasheet). The output would triggler a relay, mechanical or solid state. If the output isn't enough to trigger that, you'd have the output driving the base of a transistor with power input switched by it to drive the relay.
Thanks for your update Dave. Like I said I'm new to these topics and really would like to understand how to connect them together. I will be using the most slimmest and the most reliable relay available. Additionally this would be connected to 220/240 volts AC. . Would really like to understand how all the components are connected. How does the jumper setting work to enable the toggle mode. Thanks again.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Generally it is best to start learning component integration, layout, enclosure, etc, with low voltage before moving to mains AC circuits. The more help you need the more inclined I would be to say this is something you should buy as a finished, professionally made product. Touch sensitive switches aren't a new product category and if you need additional integration it may be possible reverse engineer and modify an existing design, leveraging the work someone else has already put into it.