Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Deal of a lifetime!

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
Well, a while back I attended a neighborhood garage sale, and the guy was selling a Hakko 808 desoldering tool. It's really cool, it has a pump on the back and it has a tip that gets really hot. The tip is hollow and right between the pump and tip is a small canister. The way it works is you put the tip on a pad that you want to remove solder from, and you push a button on the handle it and it sucks all the solder away into the canister! It's very handy for thru-hole work, and quicker than solder braid. :)

It also came with a carrying case, some accessories, and about a pound of fine solder that he threw in with it.

The guy said he didn't know if it worked.. He told me to take it home and try it out, and if it does work pay him a dollar. So I try it out at home and it works like a charm! A couple days after paying him the dollar, I look it up on ebay. Lo and behold it's worth $150 dollars used!! :eek: And a pound of solder is worth about $25!

Sure, it's not like it was worth $1,500 but still, I thought it was pretty neat! :p:D

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Wi
Well, a while back I attended a neighborhood garage sale, and the guy was selling a Hakko 808 desoldering tool. It's really cool, it has a pump on the back and it has a tip that gets really hot. The tip is hollow and right between the pump and tip is a small canister. The way it works is you put the tip on a pad that you want to remove solder from, and you push a button on the handle it and it sucks all the solder away into the canister! It's very handy for thru-hole work, and quicker than solder braid. :)

It also came with a carrying case, some accessories, and about a pound of fine solder that he threw in with it.

The guy said he didn't know if it worked.. He told me to take it home and try it out, and if it does work pay him a dollar. So I try it out at home and it works like a charm! A couple days after paying him the dollar, I look it up on ebay. Lo and behold it's worth $150 dollars used!! :eek: And a pound of solder is worth about $25!

Sure, it's not like it was worth $1,500 but still, I thought it was pretty neat! :p:D

Sounds like a winner, nice one. Sometimes by luck you manage to find a gem like that.
Adam