Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Connector and Cable advice

Dgowell

Apr 5, 2017
i’m trying to find a robust cable and connector with 6 connections. I’ve found this connector which I like http://uk.farnell.com/souriau/uts6jc128s/plug-size-12-8-way-skt/dp/1208046 however it needs connector pins and they need to be crimped and the crimping tool is over £300 all together and it’s a massive investment for just 45 connectors.

I’m looking for advice to find out if it’s worth getting these things made up for me. This maybe more cost effective as the company will already have invested in the tool plus they’ll do a better job of it. Does anyone have any experience with this? Plus anyone know a company that does this?

Joosh

Feb 25, 2017
Try searching for connectors which can take soldered pins. It will take you longer to solder the wires to the pins but I would imagine it to be a cheaper alternative.

MIL type connectors can use these pins if you need examples, generally they aren't cheap tho so have a look around at other options!

Josh

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Mil spec is definitely robust but what is your application? That said, solder terminals (if your proficient) is the best way to go.

Chris