Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Conn Organ Component Identification

James hanlan

Feb 17, 2018
I have a Conn Caprice Model 430 type 2 series 3 organ. When I turn it on the power light doesn't come on but the organ is. Traced wire back to a wire rail behind back panel. There it is connected to rail with a resister that was burnt to a crisp. Don't know what to replace it with. The light is 12 v and there is 25v coming down rail. DC voltage

Last edited by a moderator:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The resistor was possibly there to allow a 12V lamp to operate from 25V.

Can you show us a picture of the lamp and the resistor?

There are several possibilities as to why the lamp is no longer working. It may be that the lamp failed, and then the resistor failed, or that the resistor was poorly chosen, and eventually failed leaving the lamp ok. Or it may be that the 25V rail went high, taking out either or both of the lamp and the resistor.

A good start is showing us what you see.

What's your experience with electronics? I presume you used a multimeter to read the 25V, and that the lamp is labeled as 12V?

My next step would be to measure the resistance across the resistor, and also across the lamp while in circuit, and with the power off.

If it's possible to disconnect at least one lead (is there a removable connector?) Then measuring the resistance with it disconnected may be more accurate.