Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Components needed to make this work?

Dennis H

Nov 21, 2014
Hello everyone!

I'm working on a project, a wristband to be specific. This wristbands purpose is to vibrate upon receiving a wireless command and with the help of an lcd module display more information. I'm new in the field of electronics and would like to ask for some help with my project. I'm wondering what I need to make the following components work with each other and do what I'm describing.

* Coin Vibration Motor (controlled by power on/off)
* Rechargeable Coin Battery
* RF Transceiver or Receiver? (only needs to receive, not send back.)
* Tiny LCD Module
* Some kind of charging component?

As I said, total newbie.. if you need any other info to help me please ask.
Thanks in advance.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I think you're overreaching your skill and experience level. As a newbie you might be able to make something like this as small as a packet of cigarettes but to make it as small as you want will require exponentially more effort.

Dennis H

Nov 21, 2014
I understand. The thing is that I will recieve professional help with building a prototype. If I can present a plan on how to manufakturer it I also recieve government funding. The project is within reach.

Why I am so forward about this is because the final product will be an aid for persons with impaired hearing. I am very passionate about this and wont back down even if it means years of study.

Dennis H

Nov 21, 2014
Forgot to say one thing. The size of this project can be what you described as long as it does what the final product is meant to do.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I understand. The thing is that I will recieve professional help with building a prototype. If I can present a plan on how to manufakturer it I also recieve government funding. The project is within reach.

And you will need professional hands on design help, that isn't something that can be done via a www forum :)
and its going to cost you a reasonable amount of money possibly many $1000's

good luck with your project :)

Dave