Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Component Abbreviations For Car Circuits?(audio/nav Boards)

fuzzysig

Oct 23, 2015
I'm trying to decipher these and cant find any info on what they mean

is there a reference?

these are related to LCD display (some of them are obvious)
climate control unit (CLK-AC)
climate control unit (SQ-AC)
blank
clock
load
5vgnd
seg test
data

these are on the main control board that connects to jog dial and also the 6cd changer unit that also connects to the above LCD display that shows temp and basic track info

ROW1:
key-di
key-clk
key-s
sw-ILL+
SW-ILL-
ILL-
GND
SYS+5V
VOL-CW (volume clockwise)
U-GND

ROW2:

KEY-DO
KEY-CS
SW-ILL+
SW-ILL-
ILL+
CATS-IND
GND
VOL-CCW (volume counterclockwise)
EJECT (eject button?)
U-GND

" Moe " morris shouse

Apr 1, 2017
this is where you need a paper. FACTORY service manual. of course they most likely have them on a CD. my son and i had a VERY LONG talk about how i think i can find something i a PAPER FACTORY service manual faster than he could on the computer. the contest was hard to deter main the winner because we are 200 miles apart. but my advantage was that i have used Chrysler paper manuals since 1965. i only have 30 of them. BUT i digress. you might find the info you need on a forum for that brand. i have seen where people buy a factory CD manual then post it on the internet.

fuzzysig

Oct 23, 2015
its from a 2005 -2008 acura rl
not sure about model number will have to look at it when i get back

fuzzysig

Oct 23, 2015
model on the faceplate is 4xl8
part number on the 6cd changer unit that plugs into the main panel circuit board and has all the connections on the back is39100-sja-a002 yr323l clarion

fuzzysig

Oct 23, 2015
can anyone at least take a guess?

or maybe refer me to a place that i can possibly buy a schematic to see if i can make it work?

KilgoreCemetery

Apr 12, 2017
I'm really good at guessing, but I'm not very accurate. However, I am looking into getting some sort of service manual that will cover those years of cars. In the mean time, what are you trying to do with the information? Is this for a modification, repair, or just general info? Some of the people on here may know more about how a car cd player works than what the individual labels mean.

KilgoreCemetery

Apr 12, 2017
The "IND" part of "CATS-IND" may stand for "In Dash", but don't ask me to spend my day trying to search google for "CATS In Dash". Heck.. I may do that anyways

KilgoreCemetery

Apr 12, 2017
I'm also going to guess that ILL plus and minus refers to illumination (or dimmer), and that the SW means switch. I would also guess that the switch may or may not be a physical one. If the car's display brightens and dims automatically, it may be controlled by these components So,

SW-ILL+ Increases brightness
SW-ILL- Decreases brightness
ILL+ Default brightness

fuzzysig

Oct 23, 2015
thanks man.
I do have a service manual for the car and it lists all the wiring abbreviations of course.

but it doesn't include radio schematics

heres the issue

the system is integrated
theres a top information display
LCD display
heater control
6cd changer
navigation controls

the 6cd changer and nav controls share one big circuit board that I cut in half and extended wires to hide the other half behind the dash so I can fit a full size double din indash in the place of oem 6cd changer

problem is

the 6cd changer is powering the top info display that shows basic info and temperature

the nav lcd screen shows the climate controls and doesn't show temperature
so without the 6cd changer the top display is completely dead

I figured out the backlight wires
and I found all the other wires related to the top info display but I don't know if the 6cd changer actually somehow controls the temperature or it just has a pass through circuit in it

heres the service manual for the car
first link is the entertainment system PDF that shows the wiring diagram
http://www.acuralegendwiki.org/index.php/G4:_Service_Manuals_And_TSBs

fuzzysig

Oct 23, 2015
oh lol well i guess
i thought multilayered meant 3 or more.
the ones that have it sandwiched between
but the board works fine i just dont have any reference for wiring up the display.
the 6cd changer unit connects to the circuit board which has volume and radio controls on it
and on the back all the wires from the changer unit go directly to the top display
what im hoping for is that its a pass through from heater controls to the top display

KilgoreCemetery

Apr 12, 2017
Can I see a picture of these boards to get a better idea of how they're supposed to be connected together?