Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Communication between RLM100 UHF RFID module and AVR microControllers

EBRAH

Jul 2, 2014
I have an RLM100 UHF RFID module. I searched a lot, but I didn't found anything useful that explain how I can use this modules. I mean the only thing that I understand so far it that this modules use UART protocol to communicate with the MCU, but I need a list of commands that it support, right?

May I ask you to share me in your experiences with these kind of modules? Does they have an standard list of commands or something, or I must gain a more complete data sheet? If so, where I can find it? Why it is not available on the Internet?

All I want to do is reading a tag and storing its number(?) in the MCU EEPROM.

jayanthd

Jul 4, 2015
I have not worked with UHF RFID but I have worked with RFID Card readers. I have interfaced them to PIC and AVR microcontrollers using UART and have read the data given by the RFID reader when card is placed near the Antenna of the reader. I have written code to check if correct tag is received and control devices based on it. If you provide datasheet of the UHF RFID Card reader then I can help you more. I mainly write code in mikroC PRO PIC, AVR 8051 Compilers. If needed I will write a code for you using mikroC PRO PIC Compiler.