Maker Pro
Maker Pro

cheat sheets

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
AS I sit here on the verge of collapse due to idiocy and ironic turmoil...

I ponder the great one whom sits for hours toiling upon ways to simplify their performance, fine tune their considerations and just make everything easier.

I asked myself..."I wonder if there are any great engineers out there who have written stored and saved cheat sheets of all the work done in this biz..."
Then ...
"Ho hum I say to myself... I probably couldn't understand them anyway..."
and go back to my self denial and restitution.

It is not my intent to flare up as a sparking fire in anyones hand or anything, but there should be something simpler than a law to follow when creating unimportant and less ambiguous devices like electric guitar accessories. I have read a few articles, and a book or two about it, and it all comes down to the fact that there are highly paid engineers who have spent more than a year or two, compiling ways to alter, define, and wain, the signals that we listen too, as entertainment.

I am finding as I go along, that simple circuits can do any number of things depending on how they are hooked up, so maybe the law stuff is a good idea, considering flares and what not. Otherwise, the rule I have applied the most is this----
"Have faith in the other equipment that you will be exploiting, but don't even attempt to second guess the guy who built them. Be of a steadfast nature, and build your equipment that way too. you will find there is a law that is on your side somewhere."

Now I find myself standing in the RS buying parts for a schematic I stumbled on that was published some decades ago in a science magazine... I wonder if it will even work, considering all the new modern equipment?
My steadfast answer is- "Yes it will, I have faith in my other equipment..."

by the way, my lap steel is working great, my wah is wahing, and I am making a push button fuzz box, that will turn on when I push the button down, and stop when I release it. I would call that
"the constant standby configuration"
I just stripped a psu, so if you need any of the parts let me know, they are a bit noisy for audio equipment.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
What is the decades-old schematic? Can you post a scan or photo?

ak

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Ted,

Your posts remind me of trying to read James Joyce.

Bob

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
What impresses me with this is that it is 1.5v, and in the case of costly 9v pervasive boxes, there is a real nice bill or two in the folding money after purchase. Don't know how long its gonna last though!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20170324_193111384.jpg
    IMG_20170324_193111384.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 56

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
The only comparison was my own inability to make sense of either of them.

No criticism of Joyce intended.

Bob