Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Car's RELAY

WILSONseesEPt

Oct 21, 2017
Greetings Folks,
My name is Wilson. And I'm a new Member here. My concern is to be able to buy, or connect to Relay Manufacturer, here or abroad, a certain specialize car's relay for my not so mass-produced car, for the U.S. Market. It's made in Italy.
It's a 1989 Maserati 430. A compact sports sedan that has a wonderful exteriror designed. Their User Group ran out of them. .

The Relay I'm seeking is by: ITALAMEC, and it's 12V, & has a #218 on the side. It's made in Italy.

To briefly describe the structure.
1) It's looks like a typical car's relay, except it has a fuse built on top. (The bullet type
fuse.)
2) The unusual set-up for the 5 pronges poles for this Relay is where the Position:
-85 pole is at 3: o'clock position. It's contact: 86 is at 6 o'clock position!! (Refular replay's 86 is at 9 o'clock position.)
-30 pole is at 9 o'clock position. & t' two 87's recipient poles are at 12 o'clock!

Any suggestions for Retail Stores, or Websites where I could check with them?
Your suggestions are most appreciated. [mod edit: please don't post your phone number on a public forum] May God be w/ you.
Wilson.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Hi Wilson, Welcome.
I found similar italamec models on ebay,but couldn't find a 218.

If it was me, (One not too fussy) I'd probably alter a standard relay to match the corresponding pins.
You could carefully cut around the base with a die grinder to remove the cover of the relay and salvage the base and fused cover.

It'd be a Frankenstein relay, but it should work fine, and probably save you some cash.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Do you still have the original relay?

There's a practise called 'stuffing' where original, hard-to-find, replacement parts are dismantled (carefully) and the defective innards are replaced with their modern, more reliable, component parts. Properly done you can't tell the difference and they operate exactly as they should.

If you wish to maintain the full originality then of course this can't be done but it may be the closest you'll get to keeping the car on spec.

turbogt16v

Mar 27, 2015
Just of curiosity, is the fuse on top blown maybe,
Does it have the line in it.