Maker Pro
Maker Pro

can IR sensor be changed?

spahr50cal

May 26, 2017
i have 2 remotes/devices and they interfer with each other can one be changed? im doing a pc mod i have a car stereo pioneer DEH-X1910UB and now i added rbg lights with a remote control that have a remote https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XSFX613/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
the seonsor on the stereo remote interfere with the rbg leds, can i change the IR sensors on the RGB lights. i have a old tv and remote i could steal it from or is there a specific type i should use. please note im just starting to learn about and solder circuits for fun but im a fast learner so please explain a little
would somthing like this work https://www.amazon.com/AIRSUNNY-thr...UTF8&qid=1495825363&sr=8-3&keywords=ir+sensor

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
Nobody knows the IR modulation frequency of the cheap Chinese striplights. It might be the same 38kHz frequency as the cheap Chinese IR emitter and receiver.
Nobody know if the cheap Chinese IR emitter and receiver will fit and work in the striplights product.

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
One device says its modulating frequency is 38kHz, not a channel number. The other device says its remote has a channel number, not the modulating frequency. Apples and oranges are not the same. The manufacturers never thought that two or more remote devices will interfere with each other.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Audioguro: unless you are rather unusual, you probably have and audio video setup using multiple remotes, and probably they all work at 38KHz. They don't interfere because different digital coding is used on all of them and they respond only to the valid codes for the device. I think the problem here is that one of the remotes, probably the LED strip one is using a very simple protocol with not redundancy, that will interpret anything it sees as a valid command.

Bob

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
I do not have interference between my remote controls. I do not know their carrier frequencies and encoding method.
I was thinking about the common TSOP17... IR receiver that is made with a selection of 7 carrier frequencies:

Attachments

• TSOP17 IR receiver.png
    TSOP17 IR receiver.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 39

spahr50cal

May 26, 2017
I do not have interference between my remote controls. I do not know their carrier frequencies and encoding method.
I was thinking about the common TSOP17... IR receiver that is made with a selection of 7 carrier frequencies:
after finishing all the leds yesterday my control box blew, i guess the cheap box that came with it couldn't handle the full 16' of LEDs, im now looking for a new control box. so ill be looking for the right one this might help thanks

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
after finishing all the leds yesterday my control box blew, i guess the cheap box that came with it couldn't handle the full 16' of LEDs, im now looking for a new control box. so ill be looking for the right one this might help thanks
Add up the current requirements and make sure the new controller can handle the whole amount + 25% so that it is not straining.

Bob

spahr50cal

May 26, 2017
Add up the current requirements and make sure the new controller can handle the whole amount + 25% so that it is not straining.

Bob
thats what im doing the new one is good up to 24a unlike this one thats 5a

spahr50cal

May 26, 2017
Audioguro: unless you are rather unusual, you probably have and audio video setup using multiple remotes, and probably they all work at 38KHz. They don't interfere because different digital coding is used on all of them and they respond only to the valid codes for the device. I think the problem here is that one of the remotes, probably the LED strip one is using a very simple protocol with not redundancy, that will interpret anything it sees as a valid command.

Bob
pioneer got back to me it must be they said the base is 22KHz