Maker Pro
Maker Pro

building a HF transceiver

vikhyat rao

Jul 21, 2017
Hello everyone present here.I am planning to build a transceiver operating at 30MHZ , for that i plan to make a coil of 5-8metres.That would be wound around on the inside surface of a rectangular metallic box and the end of the wounded wire will be soldered to the surface of the metallic box.Will this work as an antenna.Guide me,or ...will the taking out some portion of that coiled antenna outside the case
Be okay?

Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi
welcome to EP :)

I am planning to build a transceiver operating at 30MHZ ,

do you have the appropriate radio operators licence for this activity ?

That would be wound around on the inside surface of a rectangular metallic box and the end of the wounded wire will be soldered to the surface of the metallic box.Will this work as an antenna.

No ... the metal box will shield the antenna.

will the taking out some portion of that coiled antenna outside the case
Be okay?

ALL of it has to be outside the box

OK before we start to give you ideas on what to do, I really want to know ...

1) what are you trying to achieve with this transceiver ?
2) are you licenced?
3) what electronics experience you have
4) you don't appear to have any RF electronics experience

Dave

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
If you already had such transceiver among your things, you would not build it, right ?

Well, if you can settle for a couple of Megahertz less; there is plenty of them at yard sales, toy stores, pawn shops, ebay, for a hundredth the cost of gathering all the parts -quantity one- in a thousandth of time to search, order, wait at your mailbox for everything to arrive, IF they ever do at your country. Then your time, sweat and tears to assemble it, plus weeks of praying that it will work...

They are known as children's band CB transceiver at 27.5MHz; and need no license to operate. You can try to modify them for 30.0MHz if you insist and have extra fun doing it.

Here is one ----> http://www.ebay.in/itm/Uniden-40-Ch...480745?hash=item1a168cdfa9:g:WWkAAOSwhOVXeqqW

And maaaany more in electronics shops at your location.