Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Axiomet AX-588 Resistance calibration

yulyph

Dec 6, 2012
Hello,
I want to calibrate an ax-588 that has an offset of 10 ohm on the resistance scale.
Opening it up there are a lot of vr marked pots that allow manual calibration, but there is no marking for what exactly there are for.
I seem to remember that there was something on the net that showed for what every pot is for but can't seem to find it anymore, so could anyone offer a solution.
Thank you.

yulyph

Dec 6, 2012
Here is a picture of the pots

Attachments

• ax-588.jpg
    ax-588.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 180

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
We're in the same boat you are without a schematic or identification of which pot does what. I suggest you keep looking for that information (unless someone else here does that leg-work for you).
My input, which is usually pooh-poohed by others here, is that when you finally find-out which pot controls the value you want to calibrate, try to find the best standard you can to adjust it for accurate 'calibration'.
Accurate low-value ohm readings can be difficult to achieve without a precise standard.

yulyph

Dec 6, 2012
i have a diy multimeter that does a very good job at low value ohm readings so i would compare with that one for calibration, i do not really need the axiomet to have much precision but an offset of 10 ohms is really bad.
Looking for Victor 88c V3.0 (inscribed on the board) yields some promising results but still no luck as which pot does what.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Best method would be to mark all pots with their current position and then start 'tweaking' to see which one has an effect on the meter movement.

yulyph

Dec 6, 2012
i thought of doing that but that would mess up the calibration for the other scales as the pots aren't exactly precise, but as a last resort that would be the solution.

yulyph

Dec 6, 2012
After all i started messing with the pots except for the last two as reading some web page they were for temp calibration. None made any difference so i don't know if there is one for resistance. Also i found out that there was no need for calibration as the contacts on rotating wheel are worn out and that is making the offset on resistance scale.