Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Automotive Bluetooth Controller

7point350

Mar 8, 2018
Hey guys,
Don't know if I'm posting this in the right section but oh well. I'm in the middle of a fairly involved and specialized truck build. A lot of the accessories going on the truck are controlled via a Bluetooth app for the product. I don't want to have to use my phone to control all of these things, and have to keep switching through Bluetooth devices. If like to build something into the center console were making to control these devices. Something with a touchscreen that's only purpose is to connect to one Bluetooth device and control it. I thought about buying some cheaper phones to use for this, but this wouldn't achieve the level of professionalism I'm looking for. Any ideas?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
What accessories?

In a true automotive environment you should consider using the propriety communications protocol which is usually CANBUS - can your devices operate (or are there equivalences that do) using this protocol?

What you request is perfectly feasible but sounds like it will require some intensive coding and interfacing - not a task for the amateur but, still, it's possible.

7point350

Mar 8, 2018
Thanks for the response!

For example, some of the LED lightbar also have an RGB backlighting option. The colors, flash patterns, dimming etc. Are controlled through the manufacturers app, and communicates with the light via Bluetooth. Rather than having to use a phone, I'd like something that's basically like a phone that I can build into a console, and that doesn't have any other options but to control just those lights that it's communicating with.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
In which case any cheap Android-based mini tablet would do the job - most of which have Bluetooth, wi-fi etc etc integral.

You should eb able to program it to 'boot' into the application you want to use or put a number of different apps on the main boot screen to allow user selection accordingly.