Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Audio desk

Matthew t

Sep 11, 2017
I purchased a desk at a yard sale and noticed there were speakers and a disk player built into the desk. While looking at the electronics i noticed all the wired were cut. There's a section containing a circuit Board with what looks like a power switch, usb ports. 2 axillary jacks one for a microphone and one for head phones. Nothing would make me happier than having someone look this over and give suguestion or even a list of parts I might need to make this desk perfect again. (First i need to figure out how to add pictures of what I'm talking about)

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
Welcome to EP.

Please post some clear photos.

Adding pictures is easy :
There is a size limit for each photo.
While posting you "click" the "upload file option" dark blue- bottom right of the posting area and upload the photo file.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
The first thing I'd do, is try to identify and find a manual on the unit.
Have you tried that yet? Can you find a make and model number on it?

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
What I am seeing there is the AC line cord that has been clipped and then the right speaker and tweeter leads that have been clipped. Then there are the clipped leads on the white connector that goes to the whole systems power supply . Then there is the clipped wire black connector which goes to the power audio amplifier and it's preamplifier for the system. And then there is the final clip of the power leads to the units left speakers.
Your sole part left is the u/ p and the control and processing for the unit. Up front you might have had a small footprint hard drive.
I think that your chances fall between that slim and nil chances of accomplishing anything with what little that you have left.
I wonder if this is a mechanical variant of a case of an enraged wife having been told to sell her husbands
Lamborghini . . . .and she did . . .and gave him the $ 500.
All I am seeing is a dirty flat rectangular black box .
Try " GOGGLING " UNCRATE + audio desk and see if it possibly could ever looked as cosmetically good as one of those units ?

73's de Edd

Last edited by a moderator:

Matthew t

Sep 11, 2017
Unfortunately the entire desk is custom made. The speakers and disk player are different brands. I don't think anything can be re assembled but it could make for a fun project to make into a unique functioning addition to my gaming setup. My knowledge of electronics is very basic on the topic if hardware so i ask for any input or ideas from anyone who may have one

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
It looks for all the world like a simple audio player without the amplifier.... the USB interface being used as the audio input device (for the audio in/out and headphone/microphone sockets) and - potentially - an MP3 playback facility.

There's nothing left worth re-using as far as constructing/resurrecting the original device is concerned.

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
Like my fellows said,
slim chance to use this board.

If you care to re-use the audio desk,
you can try and fit this cheap Bluetooth board (or alike).
Maybe add a more powerful audio amp. as well.