Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Arduino Help... Error : "The programmer is not responding"

Amin Hajihosseinlu

Nov 16, 2015
Hi I am trying to program Arduino Uno board that I face this error.
The driver is updated, I reset the board, nothing is connected to RX TX pins.
I can not find the problem, a while ago it was working, now I tried it it is not uploading any program.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Hi I am trying to program Arduino Uno board that I face this error.
The driver is updated, I reset the board, nothing is connected to RX TX pins.
I can not find the problem, a while ago it was working, now I tried it it is not uploading any program.
More details please. If we can't help here, you may need to visit an Arduino specific forum.

- Operating System
- USB or Serial Programmer

Please also open the Device Manger on your computer and look for a USB-Serial Adaptor... FTDI which makes the chips has taken another step and updated it's drivers to misbehave with knock off USB-Serial chips... if you have one of these chips on your board, you will need an OLDER driver, but please confirm first.

Amin Hajihosseinlu

Nov 16, 2015
Thank you for your reply.
It is windows 7. I am using a usb cable. It is a simple Aruino Uno board bought from Digikey.
The driver is up to date. In device manager I see that it is connected.
It used to work fine, I connected RS485 which uses rx tx pins, after that it is messed up, even though nothing is connected anymore. I reset the board, I took out the IC and grounded all the pins and I have tried Arduino forum didn't work.

More details please. If we can't help here, you may need to visit an Arduino specific forum.

- Operating System
- USB or Serial Programmer

Please also open the Device Manger on your computer and look for a USB-Serial Adaptor... FTDI which makes the chips has taken another step and updated it's drivers to misbehave with knock off USB-Serial chips... if you have one of these chips on your board, you will need an OLDER driver, but please confirm first.

Amin Hajihosseinlu

Nov 16, 2015

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Only two options left now...
- Attempt to locate and repair the problem on the board. (Maybe re-flash the bootloader with the new arduino you have)
- Disassemble and use the old one for parts.