Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Arduino Aggregates Eprom Prob

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
now here is what I am trying to do...
except...
I used the tools I was given to learn with... heh heh!

I explain then...
an digital led driver chip powers a 4 digit 7 segment display+DP, but recieves its signal through a modular RTC real time clock, all the leds are powered by the arduinos digital pins and 1k resistors, and the chip is double capped from power like the datasheet says.
I haven't tested it yet... I am not sure which pins of the LED array do what...
but assuming the instructions at arduino are correct, the wiring should be right.
... I have never programmed a module before. RTC is a module... so is this a define the ticks, sec, min,hour?
this is not a clock LED it's just a regular led with decIMG_20170814_093939045.jpg imal points array for numbers not time eg. no >>>>> : <<<<< in the array.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
What is the RTC part number?

Commonly they are I2C addressed and return a string with the clock data.

There should be a 'sketch' available for your RTC - well, most of the common makes but there are generally only a couple of types in existence - and the sketch will do all the hard work allowing you to program your code with lines such as 'gettime' (not a real instruction!) and have the hhmmss string passed back to a variable.

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
My RTC is a 1307 v1.0; 4 pin interface(buss) with SDA, SCL 5V and GND, and frankly,
I have never used a clock module. The math I was learned to use was supposed to create a "clock" in the circuit, and that wasn't always wanted... so this "plug in a card stuff" is quite overwhelming and I challenge you to find something thats not "PNP"(I mean plug and play not transistor wise) in this modern module and pc operated electronics!!
What I wanted to know is whether I need to write a sec, min, hr program to handle this with, or is the device implemented with special codes that are not compatible with anything else?(der uh... like where would I get the codes if they were special?)