Maker Pro
Maker Pro

APC Smart-UPS 2200 - Immediate Overload Fault

feckman

Mar 26, 2011
Hi All,

Just looking for help with a new APC Smart-UPS 2200. When I attempt to power the unit on by pressing the Power/Test button and releasing it as it beeps, it seems to try to start up before almost immediately going into an Overload state.

I have tried this a number of ways -- unit plugged in, unit not plugged in, things plugged into it, etc. to no avail. I do have another Smart-UPS 2200 (had this one for a few years), so I also tried swapping the batteries between the units. The new batteries work fine in the old 2200, but the new one exhibits the same behavior with the old batteries installed.

In the interest of full disclosure, this is a Japanese version of the 2200 and I am in the US. That said, I was led to believe by the seller that this would not be a problem. I converted the plug to a 120v/20A version, and I have a 20A circuit that I'm plugging it into.

I think that's it. If anyone could point me in the right direction for getting this thing up and running, I'd be grateful! :)

--Jim.

MattyMatt

Mar 24, 2011
Was it originally designed to work with 110v @ 60 hz? Or does it have a switch that it will let you move to put it into that mode?

Thats what I would check first.

Either that, or the plug end may be polarized incorrectly, I always triple check when working with mains voltage.

Matty-