Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Anyone fancy designing a schematic?

HeadScratcher

Jul 21, 2017
Hi,
I'm able (and enjoy) to build electronics projects from schematics (with success) but am still a long way from self design of more complex designs. If anyone enjoys design and creation then perhaps this is for you?

I have an output from a device. This can be one of the following: TTL, normally open, normally closed and a signal like this (just one of the coloured lines) - it's from a geophone:
upload_2017-7-21_14-57-56.png
What I'm looking for is to transmit a signal via RF European Band 869.4 - 869.65MHz as soon as one of the outputs arrives at the transmitter.
A LED illuminating for a second to indicate a signal on the Rx and Tx would be advantageous.
The radio range would need to be up to a kilometre. And have selectable channels - in case frequencies in use by others.
When the signal arrives with the receiver the receiver needs to output any of the input types - just one is fine.
I'll be mounting the receiver and transmitter in IP66 boxes powered by internal rechargeable cells.

The unit would need to be able to receive and transmit about 40 times on a single charge but be on and waiting for several hours.

So, in conclusion: Each of the two boxes would have an antenna, on/off switch, LED for presence of signal, input connector (Tx), output connector (Rx), channel selector and a charging socket.

If anyone fancies a challenge it would be great to hear from you.

Last edited by a moderator:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Look up the LORA range of transmitters/receivers.

These are one-board solutions for such signal paths and have great range and signal integrity.

Sorry, I'm not 'into' making individual constructions for clients though (at the moment).

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
There are some good tutorials and introductory videos on the LORA range of transceivers over on youtube.