Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Android SMS encryption tool.

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
Police, Government, telecom can all access your phone text logs and read what you send...

So i thought i'd write a little app which sends encoded messages to each other and instead of having an app that displays old sms, it wont only new sms sent when closed it's gone...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.craig.smsencryption

If the person you want to talk to does not have it, simply select the person or search in the search box..

Then simply type Share and send.

if people like it a future update will be to use 64/128bit encryption if required, right now it's fairly simple cryptography (enough to keep police from reading, but not too encrypted for you to be held a terrorist lol)

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Police, Government, telecom can all access your phone text logs and read what you send...

So i thought i'd write a little app which sends encoded messages to each other and instead of having an app that displays old sms, it wont only new sms sent when closed it's gone...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.craig.smsencryption

If the person you want to talk to does not have it, simply select the person or search in the search box..

Then simply type Share and send.

if people like it a future update will be to use 64/128bit encryption if required, right now it's fairly simple cryptography (enough to keep police from reading, but not too encrypted for you to be held a terrorist lol)
Very nice idea.
Does this operate via 'data' or does it actually send 'SMS' that is received and decrypted on the receiver's side?

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
Because there's no key involved from the users end view (eg no password to enter) it uses a static method of encoding it, it's not fancy it was only meant to be enough to bypass chat filters (originally intended for yahoo chat)

So it encodes the message before sending, on recv of a text, it will decode it and display it..

It does not delete or modify existing sms messages and nor will it decode any old sms/text messages (this was the only way i could think of getting around the issue of being stopped and then being forced to hand over a password (s) to the police...

Thing is, the crypto routine is actually more involved than applying AES/64/128bit encryption built into android!

It was a learning exercise to port 10yr old code from object pascal to android java more than a real need for the app (except to annoy police :) )