Maker Pro
Maker Pro

AN/UPM137A

Brien23

Feb 8, 2017
It is a radar test set, and yes I have googled for one no luck.

reglarnavy

Feb 13, 2017
Hi Brien,
I'm very familiar with the UPM137A. Although it's called a radar test set it's actually used to test Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) systems. I was an IFF tech in the navy and had a UPM137A on my ship to maintain the three MK-12 systems aboard. The various BITE (Built In Test Equipment) features for Modes 1, 2, 3A, C and 4 along with the SLS (Side-lobe Suppression), SIF (Selective Identification Feature), 1030 MHZ interrogate and 1090 MHz reply frequency generators, etc., etc., are all IFF parameters. The 137's oscilloscope was at best only serviceable and I rarely used it. I almost always used a separate Tektronix scope instead. Not sure what you want to do with this beast, because it's really designed for dedicated testing of older IFF systems back when I was a tech in the late 1970's. Not sure you'll get a manual for it as it might have been classified as "Confidential" because of the Mode 4 information and simulation. Don't hurt yourself moving this thing - weighs a TON! Used to hate having to get it over to the cal lab every six months or so. Good luck,