Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Amplifying a signal comming out from an aux port

Ezekiel7O

Mar 13, 2018
Hey first of all sorry for my english its not my native language , anyway i was playing with some 2 old passive speakers and just for fun i cutted the wires and connected them to an aux wire, it worked pretty well but the probleme the sound is low , not really much but it doesnt show the capability of the speakers, it's obvious that the voltage isnt enough to reach a decent volume (aux port voltage is approximately 2v) so for the speakers to work fine i concluded that i need to amplify the voltage, i thought about using an op amp but i have no idea how to start and wich one to use, and how to supply the op amp with negative voltage using dc , any help will be really appreciated thank you .

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Aux out is meant to go to an amp or pre-amp.
Maybe buy one on Ebay, plenty to choose from at much lower cost that even thinking about building.

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
Hey first of all sorry for my english its not my native language , anyway i was playing with some 2 old passive speakers and just for fun i cutted the wires and connected them to an aux wire, it worked pretty well but the probleme the sound is low , not really much but it doesnt show the capability of the speakers, it's obvious that the voltage isnt enough to reach a decent volume (aux port voltage is approximately 2v) so for the speakers to work fine i concluded that i need to amplify the voltage, i thought about using an op amp but i have no idea how to start and wich one to use, and how to supply the op amp with negative voltage using dc , any help will be really appreciated thank you .
If as you say, you are getting 2V from your Aux output (how do you know that?) then you will need a small power amp to drive your speaker. You will need substantially more current to drive the speaker that the few milliamps that come from Aux out or another opamp.

Ezekiel7O

Mar 13, 2018
If as you say, you are getting 2V from your Aux output (how do you know that?) then you will need a small power amp to drive your speaker. You will need substantially more current to drive the speaker that the few milliamps that come from Aux out or another opamp.
I just searched on the net and i found that aux port's phone voltage is 1v-2v

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
A small power amplifier seems to be all that you need. How far do your electronics skills extend?

Ezekiel7O

Mar 13, 2018
A small power amplifier seems to be all that you need. How far do your electronics skills extend?
This is my second year studying electronic so i m not really bad, i just need some help,thank you in advance for giving me from your time good sir really appreciated.

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
Do you think you can build a small amplifier as a project?
You will need to make a simple power supply as well. If so, we will tackle it one step at a time.

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
What access do you have to electronics components in Morocco?