Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Amplifier and long distance remote

Shawnp

Dec 7, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and Im looking for some advice on a project I'm working on. Here is what I'm trying to do:

I'm working on a sound system that will be used for hunting purposes. I want to be able to control an amp/radio from a distance of 100+ yards. The sound system will be contained in a waterproof utility box and I will be utilizing a 12 V battery to run the amp/radio. I'm looking for ideas for a remote control that will be able to turn on the amp and adjust the volume. Is something like this possible? Here is a link to the amp/radio I would be using http://a.co/eaZvta3
I would simply, connect a horn speaker to the amp and run it outside of the utility box.
maxresdefault.jpg

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Shawnp

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Some elcheapo key fob remotes claim up to that distance. Either that or a $40 remote control for aircraft etc. and add a servo or two.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Shawnp . . . . . .

OBSERVATIONS . . .coming up

If this is going to be for making gaming sounds . . . .that tinny 'lil ole horn speaker aint' a gunna be worth a crap on any faithful reproducing of bull moose / mule deer / boar sounds.
Sparrow or songbird sounds . . .yes.

Slide on connectors into the battery would be the preferred choice of getting the optimum current / power into that POWER amplifier . . . . . vice . . . . . those minimal contact area alli-fa-mi-gator-ing clips.

With your provided info on the whole modular unit, I am expecting a board similar to this one submitted, as doing the functions within the unit with a variance in the power output stage which might use POWER handling discretes that require some heat sinking.
DO confirm that outer case is being a molded and RED? anodized alum-i-ninny-yum-yum metallic case that is surrounding the unit . . . . and POSSIBLY also having metallic front and rear cover plates .
I am wondering if your remotes RF interconnct mode is via Blue-toofies or 200-400 MHZ based RF modulated /coded interconnect methodology. .
If being Bluetooth I would expect something like this modue which incorporates a CSR8635 based main unit, plus this one incorporates a complete "D" class audio system in the form of the central TDA 7492N chip.
On your unit I would expect a separate switchmode power converter to get an upped voltage bipolar supply that feeds power handling MOSFET or BIpolar transistors that requires that cases heat sinking of them.

Peek inside of your unit and PARTICULARLY be looking for that Bluetooth module section in this units far right central area. With the most interest being in confirming that Transmit / Receive antenna, in the form of that gold flashed serpentine PCB fabrication on the lower half.
Great for board space conservation - poor for bidirectional polarization- crappy for efficiency / range.

After you feed back . . .as to such a units actual presence . . . . whether the METAL CASE COMPLETELY RF SHIELDS THE UNIT . . .as well as, your PRESENT maximum range being available with your remote unit . . . . we could then see if any improvement could potentially be made.

Blue Toofie Module and Moderate power amplifier board:

https://www.amazon.com/INSMA-TDA749...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7B3N36HK80DV5XKDWF4D

73's de Edd

Last edited: