Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Alarm clock in LED

RakeshJ

Nov 12, 2018
I want to design an LED alarm clock with these features:

- a light sensor to dim the LEDs when it gets dark.

- dual alarms, weekday alarm, all-days alarm

- auto DST adjustment

I don't have a background in electronics design. My background is programming (java/C/C++). I've done some hobby projects using resistors, capacitors, ICs, PCB.

What is the best way to get started on this project. I'd like to use minimum number of components to keep the total cost low.
Suggest your ideas to make me this alarm Asap.....
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

T_wolf100

Nov 13, 2018
you may use a Microcontroller (microchip) and photoresistor.
there are tons of info in the web about it.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
I suggest that you instead make something new and/or better than what currently exists rather than reinventing the wheel. Even if this is a learning exercise, so too would that be.

Plus without a background in electronics, you are basically asking us to design it for you.

Minimum components, I don't see that as an issue as it's not likely anyone is going to suggest components you don't really need.

I would reverse engineer an existing product that comes closest to your goals and then modify it for the features it's lacking. This will probably save you dozens of (US) dollars and a few days of time, since you wrote "asap".

Ultimately I am suggesting that you are biting off more than you can chew and need several less demanding projects first.

Then you went and wrote "asap". I don't think this is a situation where asap is applicable?

RakeshJ

Nov 12, 2018
you may use a Microcontroller (microchip) and photoresistor.
there are tons of info in the web about it.
Ty my Problem is solve because of you @T_wolf100
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by a moderator:

layzharry90

Dec 7, 2021
I would reverse engineer an existing product that comes closest to your goals and then modify it for the features it's lacking. This will probably save you dozens of (US) dollars and a few days of time, since you wrote "asap".

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
since you wrote "asap".
Hmmmmh, the last post by Rakeshj is from Nov. 2018. Whatever happened in the meantime, anything that happens now is no longer "asap" ;).

Last edited:

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
ASAP translation: Aw Shucks Another Priority. Here at Electronics Point, the difficult we do right away; the impossible takes just a little while longer. If a project cannot be completed ASAP, it is placed on the back burner at a low priority. Of course, the original request for ASAP is never acknowledged, but the requester will eventually deduce the message...

layzharry90

Dec 7, 2021
Ty my Problem is solved video streaming

[mod edit: link to app removed]

Last edited by a moderator: