Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Aiwa NSX 999 Mk2 music system, Microcontroller, does it need programming?

Ram Kiran

Dec 6, 2017
Hi
I have a Aiwa NSX 999 Mk2 music system, the microcontroller is malfunctioning, I want to replace it, I found new ones available on internet. the Microcontroller IC number is LC866432V-5819. Does it need programming before installation, or it is preprogrammed? Please guide me

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
the microcontroller is malfunctioning
What makes you think this is so?

Either way the device does have internal memory and the contents are likely to be protected so you won't be able to either read the original nor program it yourself without those details.

Last edited:

Ram Kiran

Dec 6, 2017
assigned functions for the control buttons don't engage, like if i press CD button, radio may start, or something else will happed instead of cd playing. Like that all the keys respond differently instead of assigned function. it dont happen with remote buttons. it started like that and now tape is not engaging. play rewind forward are not functioning. 18 years before cd tray used to open and close continuously and the service centre changed the microcontroller chip.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Sounds like the keypad multiplexing is playing up but this could be because of poor, loose or dirty connections on any of the component parts of the keys, interconnecting leads, plugs, sockets etc.

Have you tried any other repair methods?

blueeye26

Sep 2, 2020
I have the same problem on my Aiwa NSX-999 MkII. Random functions by pressing the front buttons.
I already checked the mainboard for cold joints but everything seems to be fine.

Do you know which connections are responsible for that fault?

Thanks in advance