Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Advise video camera

msurov

Dec 13, 2012
Hi, all.

We have an electronic setup that consists of connected to PC dSpace board , mechanical system and video camera. Video camera is used to ream time measure position of an element of the mechanical system (in our case it is the simple recognition problem, it is necessary to find a colored circle marker in the bitmap frame). This setup is used to research some control algorithms.

Currently we are using an usb webcam. In real time the PC program measures coordinates and writes these values to dSpace board memory.

We found, using webcame was a bad choice for our setup. It is not enough frame rate and resolution. I think the best way is FPS ~ 200..500 and resolution ~ 1280x960. Besides it should be a simple way to join this device with our control system (PC, MatLab, dSpace board...).

Described above parameters are not accurate. I'm not a competent in this technical field, so I need an advice. It would be interesting to listen to any offers.

Our project is sposered by a Swedish University and we have for about few thousands dollars to buy this device.