ADA2200 Working

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by John Manuel, Jun 13, 2018.

1. John Manuel

John Manuel

I am trying to understand how ADA2200 works using the datasheet. I am getting confused because the components specified in it works for digital electronics but it is also said that no ADC is being used and something called Analog Sampling Technology is utilized. It will be very helpful if anyone could help me understand how the entire thing functions and how everything falls into place.

Attached Files:

John Manuel, Jun 13, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. John Manuel

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Germany-Europe-Earth-Sol System-Milky Way-Laniakea
    Which components do you mean?
    And why should a component that works for digital circuits not be used in analog circuits? Consider a simple switch: It can be on or off, which clearly are digital states. It can switch an analog signal, e.g. mains voltage to a lamp, which is clearly an analog operation.

The datasheet specifies in the 1st paragraph:
    All procerssing is done in the analog domain (amplification, filtering, sampling). The ADC mentioned here is a separate component downstream (after the output of the ADS2200).

The (digital) SPI Interface is for programming the operating parameters of the device only.
    A clock section is required for the synchronous demodulation (turning the demodulator switches on and off).
    The signal path is analog, however.

Harald Kapp, Jun 13, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question