Maker Pro
Maker Pro

A long overdue courtesy reminder .....

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi everyone

been meaning to post this for some time.
It is becoming more common on this forum site and others that I am part of that people seem to be loosing the
common courtesy of acknowledging comments made by other posters in response to an OP

It annoys the hell out of me, and going by comments from other in this and other forums where the subject has been brought up, I am far from being alone in that feeling ;)

So often I see people posting the pretty much exact same answer as some one else already has do so in the thread
Why ? I don't know ? are they not reading the thread ?
And there isn't even an acknowledgement of a previous posters response

1) -- if you are going to post pretty much the same, at least ackn the previous poster as in.

" I totally agree with ( insert other poster's name) that really good advice .... etc etc"

2) -- stop and think for a moment before posting ... "Is there really a need for me to yet again repeat what has already be said ??"

If it isn't going to add any more useful info to the thread, then I would suggest it's probably pointless

OK my moan over for the day

Regards
Dave

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
I agree with you Dave, if you are not adding content, you are actually making it more distracting and this takes away from the conversation and readability. The 'Like' button is there for that exact reason as KJ6 mentioned as well. I now see that most of this post is probably irrelevant, but its my two bits ;-)

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Nuts, I'm an ex-Marine. I'm guilty of this occasionally due to the fact that Marines can't read, we just look at the pictures.
I see davenn's point and will try to do better.
It's good though that this point has been made, and hopefully others will take it to heart.
I come to electronicdspoint because courtesy is rampant here, and snarky know-it-alls (who don't) run rampant on other sites.
Good point, davenn.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Thanks guys

I wasn't sure how well this subject would be accepted :)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
unfortunately, as always, those that really need to read this thread, are not
and continue on their merry way LOL

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
unfortunately, as always, those that really need to read this thread, are not
and continue on their merry way LOL
You didn't really expect otherwise, did you? :(