Maker Pro
Maker Pro

9 VAC 12 VDC Dual Output-Transformer Model AM-9/12-25

shestheman

Jun 2, 2011
Can anyone tell me how to reconnect this dual output transformer? I disconnected it clean the surrounding area and can't remember which wire goes where! There is a red, black, green, and yellow wire with four connection sites on the plug in. There is a positive site and a negative site under the 12 VDC and two ~ sites under the 9 VAC.
Any assistance would be appreciated!
Thank you!
(I've tried playing around, mixing them up, but can't find the right way! :(

shestheman

Jun 2, 2011
Security House Alarm Electrical Back Up

I posted the earlier post 9 VAC 12 VDC Dual Output-Transformer Model AM-9/12-25
This is for a house alarm. I disconnected the electrical plug and cannot figure out how to reconnect it! There are four wires: red, black, green, yellow. On the large outlet plug in, there are four connection sites: a positive and a negative under the 12VDC; and there are two ~ under the 9VAC.
Can anyone tell me what colour wire goes to which connection site? The alarm system is no longer monitored but this plug in allowed the alarm to still sound and door/window sensors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you in advance!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi, Welcome

maybe a photo or 2 of the transformer and the board its supposed to plug into may help us guys help you :)

cheers
Dave

Primeonly27

Jun 3, 2011
If you get a multi-meter you might be able to find some more information out about the other wires.

shestheman

Jun 2, 2011
Pics

Photo0235.jpg

Photo0236.jpg

Photo0233.jpg

Here are a few pics of the unit in question. The pic of the keypad is just added as an extra but the transformer is hooked up to it through an electrical outlet just below.

I just need assistance rehooking up the wires(red, black, green, yellow - shown to the side of the unit in the pic) to the transformer just for the audio. This system has not been monitored for a few years now and worked fine until I chose to disconnect it to clean the area!!!:mad: LOL!

Thank you for any assistance!

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I posted the earlier post 9 VAC 12 VDC Dual Output-Transformer Model AM-9/12-25

Please don't post multiple threads about the same problem. It annoys the moderators and looks confusing once we merge the threads.

There are four wires: red, black, green, yellow.

Red and black are most likely +ve and -ve respectively, and the others are the AC connections with order almost certainly irrelevant.

You probably should have noted this down before you disconnected the wires.

laurence

Jun 8, 2011
View attachment 2007

View attachment 2008

View attachment 2009

Here are a few pics of the unit in question. The pic of the keypad is just added as an extra but the transformer is hooked up to it through an electrical outlet just below.

I just need assistance rehooking up the wires(red, black, green, yellow - shown to the side of the unit in the pic) to the transformer just for the audio. This system has not been monitored for a few years now and worked fine until I chose to disconnect it to clean the area!!!:mad: LOL!

Thank you for any assistance!

I'm with "steve" on this one.
No guarantees, but most likely:

Red wire -> '+'
Black wire -> '-'
Green wire -> '~' (AC output)
Yellow wire -> "~" (AC output)

Won't matter which way around the yellow and green are connected as long as they both go to the terminals marked '~'