Maker Pro
Maker Pro

5 inch display pcb pinout ?

feckwithtech

Dec 30, 2017
board.jpg hi i bought a 5 inch monitor 12v and wanted it powered by usb so i opened it and saw an area on pcb that looked like it should have a usb port soldered in so i connected the red from usb to the top hole and black to black cable on board....i tried hole 4 first but no luck
its working on 5v happy days but if the holes was meant to be usb......what could i connect to the other holes i would like to connect a webcam so does anyone know what these holes correspond to i know which is 5v im hoping other three are neg data data

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I take it you're referring to the top left of the picture?

Do you have any other parts from the original monitor? What was the original input signal source? Where did it connect?

If it had a composite video signal input port then simply connect your video signal there - it won't accept a USB signal (of course) but, then again, it wasn't designed to.

feckwithtech

Dec 30, 2017
no sorry right hand side middle the four small holes red cable in top one
it works on 5v now the input is video in but i was wondering why those holes are there was it supposed to have a usb port on ? ifso does it also take a digital signal
( it was designed to run on 12v dc but i changed it to 5v from usb.)

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I'd put those pins down to being a JTAG, serial or similar programming port given the track wiring directly to the main processor.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
Or that connector supports some other feature that your board is restricted from doing. It is a common practice in consumer electronics to have one board serve multiple product configurations. If there are five variations of a product, it is much cheaper to have a few unused holes on all boards than to buy smaller quantities of five different boards that are tuned for each configuration.

ak

feckwithtech

Dec 30, 2017
as kellyseye says they are connected 1st pin is 5v what are other 3 pins maybe neg data data does anyone recognise any of the components its analougue video in now but can it also support digital in like usb cam

[mod edited to fix problems]

Last edited by a moderator: