Maker Pro
Maker Pro

4th July

ARMANDO

Aug 5, 2016
Thank you,
Hope your 4th of July was as memorable as mine.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
We don't 'do' 4th of July but are happy to acknowledge the American way....;)

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Well, if you ever do declare independence from the same guys we did, you'll get one of your own.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Scottish independence is a much reported red-herring given that the majority DON'T want it.

No point in being 'independent' if you're entirely reliant on a 3rd party (the EU). Hypocrisy in the extreme.

But I see where you're coming from :D

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Kinda sounds like the media over here is feeding us some more lies.
According to the media here I'm in the minority, but it's good to hear that most of your country wants to retain its historical roots as the United Kingdom, instead of being pigeon-holed as an oppressed minority group, as the media here would have us believe. Our media tries mightily to destroy what made our countries great, and re-write history (read that, politically-correct public perception) to envision some utopia that they've created in their own minds.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
No surprises to hear that the media work to their own agenda..... or 'someone's' agenda. Whatever happened to just 'reporting the truth'?

<sigh>

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Seems like 'who's truth' anymore.
I sit and watch the news with other guys who do not share my political views.
We watch exactly the same report, and then I am amazed at what the other guys deduced from what we had just seen together.
It seems like our prejudice about the topic is the basis for what is the 'truth' or not.
Sad, but the world we live in now.
Doesn't seem to pay to watch the 'News' anymore anyway.
Something happens, and the report undergoes half a dozen corrections to the initial report before we hear
some semblance of what actually happened. Not hard to see why there is a problem, just don't know how anybody
is ever going to fix it.