Maker Pro
Maker Pro

3x LR44 battery holder?

Sunderer

Oct 30, 2012
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get an OEM 3x LR44 battery holder. I can only find them for one battery. I am working on a lightup jewelry project and on the prototype I made a battery holder out of a pen cap and the springs and contacts from a toy that uses 3 lr44s, but I need something I can buy in bulk and won't take forever to make. It doesn't seem like this should be hard to find but it is!!! Help! Thanks.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Series button cell holders are hard to locate f not impossible, most are made proprietary for the application... There are easy enough ways to make them depending upon application and quantity required...

Sunderer

Oct 30, 2012
Bummer. :( Well, I guess I will get to work designing one. This is something I may be semi-mass producing myself so I was hoping to find someting to make it a little quicker.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
What kind of numbers are you looking at and what is your budget per unit? Basically how much is your time worth to have someone else do it for you? Also what are the specs of what you need exactly, size and what not that it has to fit in... The most obvious is a 'tube' like holder but is that the only option that will fit?

Depending upon your budget you can contract the design/manufacture out, I might be able to help you out with something or give more direction if I have more info...

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
You can at least get the contacts from Keystone or MPD. Just treat your stack of LR44's as a very short AAA battery.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
You can at least get the contacts from Keystone or MPD. Just treat your stack of LR44's as a very short AAA battery.

Yeah that is one option, you can do a run of PC boards and just slap the solder down end terminals onto it... Won't give much side to side support but if it's sliding in something else that might not be necessary... Even three flat slide in button connectors on a skinny PC board might work...

That is why I asked for more info about fitment and requirements, as it will help with suggestions...