Maker Pro
Maker Pro

300 V DC Power Supply

Terry01

Jul 5, 2017
My 30v 5A bench supply is more than plenty for me. I have a buck/boost module too that does 35v 6A but that lives in my desk drawer mostly. I was sent the module as a mistake when I ordered a £3 Capacitor mixed pack so I scored there! :cool: I've only used the buck/boost for 2 mins to check it worked then it's been stowed away. I may use it for something 1 day.

I have had 240v (UK mains) twice. Once in the thigh and once on the hand. The thigh was a swinging cable in a new build house when I was still working and the hand was from a meter box I shouldn't have been near anyways. What I remember is that sick feeling after,it's not a nice feeling. The shock both times was likened to being kicked by a horse.

Before I had to quit working I was around main line HV and LV cables quite regular so was put on all the courses going. Health and Safety gone wild! One of the guys I worked with (my gaffer) was terrified of cables as he swore he worked with a guy years ago who was electrocuted putting a pinch bar through a big cable. The guy hung himself I can't remember how long after and my gaffer swore he wasn't the same after he was electrocuted. We used to take the piss but he didn't give. I've also seen the big cables blowing teeth of the buckets of track machines. Buckets that held up to excavating all manner of hard digging. Before I quit working it was getting round to costing people their jobs for bursting cables. You used to just stop digging and phone the electric board and they came and fixed it no problems. Not so now,Health and Safety again :mad:

Abid Jamal

Nov 13, 2017
For this, you need to use Step-up Transformer, High rated Rectifier Circuit