Maker Pro
Maker Pro

24-30pin connector for digital picture frame

StealthRT

Sep 4, 2010
Hey all I have 3 27" lcd panels that I will be making digital picture frames out of and I am looking for advice on what i can use in order to use only 1 cable going to the digital picture frame since it will be on the wall. The less wires the better.

Currently I will be purchasing the lcd controller boards for these lcd panels. These boards requires a 12vdc @ 4a to power it.

There is also the lvds cable that connects to the back of the panel itself. This usually has 5/3.3vdc going to it.

So does anyone have any possible suggestions for a type of cable that has enough pins for the lvds and power? I was thinking of using a HDMI-I cable but I am unsure if it could handle the 12vdc @4a? And keep in mind I would like to find a cable that's not very expensive since ill need about 15-25ft of it per digital picture frame.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The interface board connects directly to the LCD via its (supplied) LVDS cable and you won't be able to extend it (easily) - not that I can see why you'd want to????

The interface boards accept VGA/HDMI/Composite inputs (depends on model purchased) so you'll need a signal splitter to take the signal from source to the three inputs you'll have.

You will be unlikely to get 4A through any HDMI cores at the distances you state (15-25ft) so a separate power cable seems impossible to avoid.

StealthRT

Sep 4, 2010
The reason for just wanting one single cable going to the DPF is because i want to make the actual frame as slim as i can. Nobody likes a 1"+ off the wall sticking out.

Each board will connect to a separate panel. So i will have 3 boards in total.

The other way around is that i can house all the power, board and whatever else at the power source(floor, behind something) and just have a custom DVI-i breakout pcb made just for the lvds cable(being the DVI-i cable) going to the DPF. But like you've and others have said, it will be tricky yo get the lvds to stretch that far.