Maker Pro
Maker Pro

180V DC motor Board Questions..

taji

Nov 22, 2017
hi, guys and girls i need some help with a treadmill motor control board i have ,,well i have 4 of these that i salvaged from junkyard with the motors. i was going to throw them ( the boards) into recycling bin then i decided to test them and to my surprise 3 of them are good.. i have a very very very limited knowledge of electronics ( machinist by trade) so here's the problem that i need solution for...my goal is to use these boards to control just the speed of the motors and use only the high voltage (180v) part of the circuit without using all the top panels and gear a treadmill uses..i've searched on net and only way people are using these boards is with a pwm device..
i've included some pics of one of these boards with descriptions..and here are a few questions...
1) in a normal treadmill setup the PWM signal from the top panel of the treadmill goes to the G30N60 mosfet through a lot of other resistors and IC's etc . can a small circuit be made to send and control that signal straight to the G30N60??
2)one very crafty gentleman made a 50ms period variable duty cycle Square wave PWM Driver to control the speed on his (MC-2100 ) board but my board's totally different from his but can it still be used with some mods on to my board?? ( i've attached the drawing below)
i just want to get rid of all the additional treadmill functions and only use just necessary components on these board if possible..
pls help..
cheers
Treadmill board 3.jpg P_20171118_212257.jpg P_20171118_212326.jpg P_20171118_212101.jpg MC2100 PWM Driver v6.png

treadmill controller board.jpg treadmill board 2.jpg

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
So if you say they are working what do you use to test, assuming you did not salvage the whole T.M.
BTW not all T.M.s use PWM, there are a number that use 0-10v via a Pot.
Although in this case I believe yours does, did you get the name of the T.M.?
M.

taji

Nov 22, 2017
So if you say they are working what do you use to test, assuming you did not salvage the whole T.M.
BTW not all T.M.s use PWM, there are a number that use 0-10v via a Pot.
Although in this case I believe yours does, did you get the name of the T.M.?
M.
i tesed the high voltage part of the circuit with multimeter and all seems to be fine .as for the other part of the board ( side with a lot of resistors and ic's etc) i dont know how to .. u r right this one definately uses a PWM..orbit fitness was the manufacturer( its a local Australian brand )