Maker Pro
Maker Pro

12V-9V Converter for Arduino

Mike197714

Apr 11, 2018
I was wondering if a 12volt to 9volt converter would do the trick on charging rechargeable batteries. While the converter is spliced to the 12volt battery and the other end is splice to the end of the 9volt barrel plug?. That's plugged into the board itself. Don't worry I will have a switch that will be turn the power off. During the recharging thing. Also, I know that arduino board only uses 9volt. But the project I looking at uses two 6volt batteries: It's for a rechargeable flying model rocket launch controller that want to build.
I've chatted with people about that. They all told me just use the standard 9volt plug.
Did see a YouTube video of a guy using arduino. Its called a Arduino Triple Launch Controller Instructable.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
You are very unclear about what you want.

The title is 12-9V converter for Arduino. But then you ask if a 12 to 9V converter would charge batteries. What batteries? What does that have to do with an Arduino?

If you have a device containing rechargeable batteries that has a 9V power jack, feeding it with 9V most likely will charge the internal batteries. Is that what you are trying to do?

A link to the launch controller yo are using might help.

Bob