Connect with us

ZOTEK ZT102 Multimeter.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by HellasTechn, Sep 2, 2018.

1. HellasTechn

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
  2. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Looks like a rip-off of the original Anang AN8002 which, in itself, had rave reviews when it came out.

https://www.markhennessy.co.uk/budget_multimeters/aneng_an8002.htm

Not much difference in the price between the one you're looking at and the original Aneng device so perhaps you'd be better off going for the original instead of a knock-off?

3. HellasTechn

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
    Ho sh.. i had no idea. I have already placed the order and cant cancell it now :(

4. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    The linked article reads
    So, probably the exact same meter except for the name printed on it.

5. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Possibly - ISTR some indication that the 'rip-off' versions have some of the internals built to a far lower quality - such as fusing and trace separation etc.

Caveat Emptor

6. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    ^ Yeah you never know with items like this. Could be that whoever makes it for Anang, is still making it exactly the same for everyone, OR they lowered the quality for some, or lowered the quality for all including Anang, with a later build version optimized towards lower cost, and if that's the case then the way to get the better version is buy old stock.

Unfortunately old stock tends to cost more, is one likely reason a seller in the same venue still has old stock.

7. HellasTechn

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
    Makes sense...

I guess time will tell us the truth !

Ask a Question