Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Zero ohm resistors.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
:confused:

that would mean reworking/remaking (i.e. etching) the board! Most (all?) PCBs that require testing use the bed-of-nails method (for hi-speed testing) that wouldn't require 0Ω links anywhere.

I don't follow your methodology :(

<edit> just re read your older post - this is something 'you' do when developing boards...... ah ha.... I see. Note to self - 'read the post more closely!'

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
The ones I buy for HP gear ain't cheap.
Kinda wondering if the Chinese might be capitalizing on the demand with a genuine 'zero ohm resistor' made of pot metal.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Would using standard 0.1Ω 1/4 watt resistors actually make a difference to your circuit operation?

jaredwolff

Jun 11, 2018
:confused:

that would mean reworking/remaking (i.e. etching) the board! Most (all?) PCBs that require testing use the bed-of-nails method (for hi-speed testing) that wouldn't require 0Ω links anywhere.

I don't follow your methodology :(

<edit> just re read your older post - this is something 'you' do when developing boards...... ah ha.... I see. Note to self - 'read the post more closely!'

Yup, it sure means a re-spin. This is a common thing for consumer electronics especially if you don't want to spin a development board along with the actual product. When I was at Apple they often built a form factor version for form factor testing but also a form factor board on a ginormous PCB with headers and access galore to all the same components. (typically used for firmware/software dev)

FuZZ1L0G1C

Mar 25, 2014
I have some of these (same as@Chemelec 's photo) #15.
A few loose ones came with a box of 3.9V zeners that I bought from an emigrating tech.
Never knew what they were.. Diode test failed, as did inductance and capacitance.
Of course, resistance on DMM hunted between 0 to a few mΩ.
Now I know.. :rolleyes:
Thanks.

Chemelec

Jul 12, 2016
I have some of these (same as@Chemelec 's photo) #15.
A few loose ones came with a box of 3.9V zeners that I bought from an emigrating tech.
Never knew what they were.. Diode test failed, as did inductance and capacitance.
Of course, resistance on DMM hunted between 0 to a few mΩ.
Now I know.. :rolleyes:
Thanks.
Glad I Helped.