Connect with us

zenith p42w46x plasma tv repair

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by dcoultas, Apr 28, 2010.

1. dcoultas

dcoultas

Apr 24, 2010
    IMG_0023.jpg
    What causes a plasma tv to dispay white lines and stripes across most of the left side of the display as in the image I have attached. I have zero experience with plasma tv's and dont know where to begin.

Any help would be appretiated :)

Attached Files:

2. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    That would have to be the vertical driver board(s) &/or screen bonding, presumably found along the top of the screen. One driver IC alone is responsible for a bar like that.
    I only had my hands on a plasma once though, so I figure I can't be of too much help.

3. dcoultas

dcoultas

Apr 24, 2010
    Your help is appreriated. You are correct as well. I unplugged the cable controlling that section of the tv and it made no diference what so ever. It would seem I have to replace the entire plasma display since the bindings or chips on the cabled cannot be repaired.

4. Tesla

Tesla

May 10, 2010
    I am interested in your determination that the plasma display panel has visible parts on it that are unreplaceable. As expensive as plasma panels are, strange they would create it with a series of chips (that can blow) toward the outside that are unreplaceable.

I've been inside most computer and consumer electronics (including LCDs) but no plasmas yet. Hopefully, I will never need to open my plasmas (knock on wood).

Ask a Question